Grandma's 90th Birthday Bash
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning to Plan

2 posters

Go down

Beginning to Plan Empty Beginning to Plan

Post by Brittani Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Hey Everyone!!!

I pray strength for everyone in the family as we grieve a major loss. First, let me apologize as my crazy schedule took over and I completely forgot to set up a conference call so we can talk! Let me just give some updates and we can start a thread. Feel free to leave your opinion.

Updates:

Venue: We are still in need of locating a venue. This needs to be done immediately. The biggest challenge is April is a wedding month and venues are filling quickly! I researched a few places and as of today this is what is available. Please feel free to share your ideas on venue spaces. Things to consider when looking for a venue: the capacity, we are expecting between 200-350 people, do they cater or do we have to locate a caterer (it doesn’t matter we just need to know), what equipment is included in the building space (chairs, tables, sound equipment, etc.) some places charge per every extra supply.

Peachtree Catering: http://www.peachtreebanquet.com/ the deposit is $1000 down, $500 for equipment and catering is provided starting at $18 pp. In Columbia, available April 22nd and April 29th

Moberly Auditorium: available on April 22nd 2017, deposit $100, equipment is included. Will need to locate a caterer. Capacity is 350
Hilton Garden Inn: $9000 food, drink, rental fees all included. In Columbia

Upper Crust: Deposit- http://theuppercrust.biz/venues/champagne-ballroom/#contact available April 29th, $500 deposit (everything for table included), must use their caterer starting at $22 pp, event coordinator to assist with planning, capacity is 240.

Venue is the biggest part. However other things to consider and place suggestions on are:

Catering: We need to find a caterer if we utilize a venue that doesn’t provide one. What type of food are you wanting. This is a fancy event, fried foods not included  

Theme: Jazzy had a good theme: 90 Years of Excellence. However, if anyone has any suggestions let me know

Color Scheme: suggestions so far have included: Black and Gold, Black and Silver.
Suggestions welcomed. We can include an accent color as well if we want to

Finances: Depends on the venue but we would like to get a number for everyone across the board. Once venue, catering etc is decided we can plug in a price and work on the best way for people to pay. Ex. $40 pp, this would be for every person family or not. We want to keep it simple. This is an example not the actual cost. This is event is going to be really nice, it’s going to cost.
-We are taking suggestions on the best way to set up payment so please help. I know there are so many new apps and technology that we should be able to create an account that all funds can go into regardless of the payment method.

Extra Celebrations: We discussed making this a weekend event, Friday to Sunday type of deal! However, we need suggestions on how family members would like to make this happen and what you want to do during this time. Some suggestions have included:
-Fish Fry Friday & Family Game Night
-Saturday: Kickball or some fun day activity with light food (bbq hotdogs/hamburgers, potato salad/ baked beans, chips
-Saturday Night: Black Tie Affair
-Sunday: Church (not sure where…)Brunch, etc.

-Suggestions are welcomed, nothing is set for any of these areas we are simply brainstorming. Please communicate with your immediate and small extended family members to gather ideas and opinions.

Brittani
Admin

https://williamsbirthdaybash.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Beginning to Plan Empty Auditorium

Post by lemmielou13 Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 pm

I think the best decision would be to have the party at the Auditorium in Moberly. It is not only the best decision financially but also it is more convenient for a lot of the family. We would like to have as many people there as possible to celebrate grandmas 90th, since we are inviting the community, as well! How does everyone feel about the Auditorium?

Love y'all <3
Justas

lemmielou13

Back to top Go down

Beginning to Plan Empty Re: Beginning to Plan

Post by dmicarelli Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 pm

I do agree that the auditorium is the most cost effective. However, we then need to purchase decorations and a caterer. Also, are we going to have a DJ are tables and chairs included?
I like the idea of a one stop shop, we may pay a little more per person, but if they have a crew to set up, cater, and take down it would be a lot easier on everyone.

dmicarelli

Back to top Go down

Beginning to Plan Empty Date

Post by Tiffa Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

I choose April 29th .

Tiffa

Back to top Go down

Post by Brittani Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:19 pm

I think April 29th would be the best date. Unfortunately, with space filling up so quickly, April 22nd may be the next best option. What are your thoughts about the venue Tiff?

Brittani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brittani Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Hey Chel! Please feel free to share your thoughts as well... venue, date, etc? The more feedback the better!

Brittani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum